Exercise is any movement that makes your muscles work and enables your body to burn calories.
Exercise comprises different types of physical activities, which include running, jogging, walking, dancing, swimming, etc.
Exercising regularly has proven to have several health benefits, both mentally and physically.
Below are the various reasons you need to start exercising
1.. Exercise will improve your mood and decrease the feeling of depression, stress, and anxiety.
Exercise will produces changes to parts of your brain that normalize stress and anxiety. It can also improve the brain’s sensitivity to serotonin and norepinephrine, which helps to ease the feeling of depression. Furthermore, exercise has been shown to help those suffering from anxiety to be more aware of their mental state and practice distraction from fear.
2. Exercise can help you lose weight.
Your body expends energy in three different ways, which include: food digestion, exercising, and maintaining body functions like heartbeat and breathing.
Regular exercise enhances the metabolic rate, which helps burn more calories and helps in weight loss.
Combining aerobic exercise with resistance training will maximize your fat loss process and maintain body mass.
3. Exercise plays a crucial role in the building and maintenance of healthy bones and muscles.
Weight lifting, coupled with adequate protein intake, will stimulate muscle building – this is because exercise helps release hormones that elevate your muscles’ ability to absorb amino acids. This helps them grow and minimize their breakdown.
Also, exercise helps in building bone density when you are younger and helps in preventing osteoporosis later in life.
4. Exercise is an energy booster for both healthy people and those with different medical conditions.
A study showed that five weeks of regular exercise reduced the feeling of fatigue in healthy people at the same time, exercise can significantly increase energy levels of people who have chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and other illnesses.
To be more specific, exercise is more effective in fighting CFS than other treatments.
5. Steady exercise can improve insulin sensitivity, body composition, and cardiovascular fitness, yet it decreases blood pressure and blood fat levels.
As a result, daily regular physical activity is recommended to reduce belly fat and decrease the risks of developing chronic diseases.
6. Moderate exercise can protect your skin and also delay aging signs.
Oxidative stress occurs when the antioxidant defenses of the body cannot completely repair damages caused to the cells by free radicals. Free radicals can damage the internal structures of the cells and lead to skin deterioration.
Therefore it is necessary to maintain moderate exercise to keep the skin in shape.
7. Exercise can improve your brain function and protects memory and thinking skills.
8. Exercise increases your heart rate, which enhances blood and oxygen flow to the brain. It also stimulates the production of hormones that can boost brain cell growth.
Lastly, exercise reduces changes to the brain that can cause by diseases like Alzheimer’s and schizophrenia
9. Regular exercise can help you sleep appropriately.
During exercise there is energy depletion and increased body temperature, and this helps improves the quality of sleep.
Regular physical activity- whether aerobic or a combination of aerobic and resistance training, can help you sleep better and also feel energized during the day.
10. Exercise boosts sex drive
Engaging in regular exercise can tone muscles, enhance flexibility, strengthen the cardiovascular system, and improve blood circulation and all of this can improve your sex life
Physical activity can also prove sexual performance and sexual pleasure.
In summary, the benefits of exercise are quite numerous, and you won’t ever regret giving it a try. Thanks for visiting linkedfox.